Saturday, April 16, 2011

Forced Relationships = Fun

One of the techniques I often use in the classroom is Forced Relationship (Also known as Forced Analogy).  You take two words or pictures and try to come up with creative combinations.  First you can list attributes and categories of each and then start to play around with your imagination of how the two sets of data can be linked.  I find lots of examples in many different forms.  Its now pretty clear to me the endless combinations and when I stumble upon the pairings it always brings me ah ha moments.  The image above illustrates a small news piece I read on one girl who took 3 years to make her prom dress out of duct tape.  A skill she learned in girl scouts and a creation she will wear to her own prom along with her date dressed head to toe in duct tape creations.  This is not a new concept to the brand managers at Duck brand duct tape and they have made it into an annual contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Future Entrepreneurs

Teaching in higher education in Croatia for almost 20 years, I have mostly been in the private sector.  But I am happy when learners re...