Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Opening new doors with Johan Ronnestam

Johan is on his way to the airport by now but my mind is abuzz with all the new info he transferred to me and a room full of my students and ad people from the region.  The good people at Best Marketing put on another wow conference and the participants will no doubt benefit from the knowledge this approachable and forward thinking curator of information deposited.  I am a fan.

For those of you who were not so lucky, I will pass on a summary and fascinating links that are worth sharing and give some value back to my network...

1. Everything is Social!
2. Transparency is allowing users to compare, verify, reference and choose in short cycles.
3. Traffic without conversion is a missed opportunity.
4. Content, technology and distribution are being democratized.
5. The meaning of Mobile is every expanding making transactions.
6. Create with a customer centric passion to connect sustainably.
7. There are markets at the extremes of low cost and high end, opportunities are a plenty in filling the gap.
8. Keep it clean, simple and user friendly with room for the educated consumer to engage.

These are the take aways that I gleamed from my notes on the conference.  He also supplemented his presentation with meaningful examples and inspired me to mix in some of my own:

Design is nice but content rules over style...Amazon.com, Facebook.com, Youtube.com
The price comparison business model is not just for C2C or B2C but also B2B in categories such as concrete and beyond: Getprice.com.au, Compricer.se, Comparethemeerkat and you can even compare comparison sites.
Brand communication is at its best when its not manufactured but personalized...with a capacity for manageable responses..Forum.hr, Koletiva.hr, SocialKiva.com

Be open to the conversation in the Art of listening, learning and sharing care of Brian Solis.
Youtube sensation Keenan Cahill and who he gets to watch him lipsynch in his room;)

The amazing talent site to find or be found that is Elance.

A few new doors have been opened and I am off to order my ipad and iphone, relaunch my twitter account and start to be a more fierce blogger.  Ronnestam set out to inspire us to keep on learning and all the gifts he gave today will go to great use.  I invite my students in attendance to comment as I am sure Johan would like the feedback and I certainly am interested to see what they took away as it applies to our current course CRM at ZSEM.

11 comments:

  1. the most complicated thing is the first step facing the wall "what can I post, write,publish" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Thank you for nice conversations over lunch :) Good luck with everything and hope to meet again!

    Cheers from Frankfurt Airport ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tina,

    I just want to say how much I enjoyed conference and Johan's lecture. I found out so many useful things that I'm going to use in my future. Extremely great are those new websites that I had no idea existed. As a student on ZSEM I am glad to have opportunity to attend this useful and interesting conference.

    Hope for new conference soon :D

    Bruna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share Bruna´s opinion, the conference was very very attractive with good tools and intelligent choices of presentation (powerpoint very well done). Furthermore, the different aspects of communication, that were adressed during the conference, showed us companies have to innovate to find the best way to convey their messages to customers to attract them and appeal them into a saturated world of informations.
    Also, I discovered new ads and applications for Apple´s items and I found that very captivating.

    Thank you very much for bringing us to the conference Mrs Lee Odinsky-Zec!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say that the lecturer gave some really cool insights on what companies were doing wrong with their online presence, and how it should be done. Also, I am really grateful for some AMAZING links that he gave us, because I've already started to use some of those sites, and I never would have found them otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus Oviedo

    Dear Tina its nice to have the change to go to these kind of conferences, but its even better when someone make us think and go deeper on what we have seen.

    Johan´s presentation was amazing. We could see new thing, for me was very good because I didn´t know many ot those website, that by the way are very useful.

    The way he did to present everything was very good because it wasnt boring and we could´s see it in a more interactive way.

    The image its great, I even download it to my laptop so I can go deeper on those websites.

    See you in class.

    Jesus Oviedo

    ReplyDelete
  7. agularu@gmail.com
    Augusto Larrondo Ruiz
    I really like the idea of changing the clasroom hahaha. For me the lecture was really interesting because we have lot of tools at our reach but we dont use it maybe because we dont know that they exist or because we dont want to but i think the future or business is base on internet, virtual advertisement, etc.
    And we have the advantage that we grow up with all of that so we must take our advantage and use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clement MACIASZEK

    Yes this conference was very nice !! I think that all these elements are very important nowadays because our society never stops growing and evolving, socially but also technologically, so we have to react in consequences if we want to run a company as well as possible

    ReplyDelete
  10. RENUCCI Mari-Pierre

    The conference was very important for us, students in marketing because there is an evolution in our society but also in our products so in their marketing promotions and their visual aids (like guerilla marketing using environmental and web sites aids). Thus this conference shows all the communication media in particular with Apple technology which is booming in this sector and it is was very interesting to show the "e-buzzs" for example thanks to famous web sites like Youtube for the product promotion.
    Thank You !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked a conference very much because I managed to hear something new and very important for all of us. It was different than any conference I went to. Not only because of attractive topic, but also for the way Johan Ronnestam presented it. Learned a lot.. Liked it a lot.
    Thank you for inviting us there.
    Matea Hanzek

    ReplyDelete

Future Entrepreneurs

Teaching in higher education in Croatia for almost 20 years, I have mostly been in the private sector.  But I am happy when learners re...